Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA
Master of Business Administration
Major – Real Estate
Real Estate Experience
• Leasing Manager, Peachtree Corners Development, a 2,000-acre business development
• Leasing Agent, Office Development – Cousins Properties, Inc.
• Vice-President, Office Properties Division – Arthur Rubloff & Co. of Georgia
• President – Richard Bowers & Co., Established January 1, 1980
• Licensed Real Estate Broker
• Winner of the Top Producer Award for Arthur Rubloff & Co. in 1978 and 1979
• Member of the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR)
• Lifetime Member of the Atlanta Board of Realtors Million Dollar Club
• In 1986, received Phoenix Award; 2001, received Silver Phoenix Award
• In 1993, elected President of The Commercial Network (TCN), a worldwide network of strong, locally owned, independent brokerage firms in major metropolitan centers comprised of 62 offices and 1,200 professionals. In 1994, Richard Bowers was re-elected to his second term as President of TCN.
• In 2000, received the Lifetime Excalibur Award from the American Cancer Society and also an American Cancer Society Patient Navigation Resource Sponsor for Northside Hospital
• In 2001, endowed the Georgia State University Richard Bowers & Co. Real Estate Professorship.
• In 2002, received the Distinguished Alumni Award from GSU. • In 2008, received the Georgia State University J. Mack Robinson College of Business Alumni Award for service
• Received the 2002 Atlanta Business Chronicle land deal of the year award for the 6.73 acre urban land sale to GSU for University Commons; a 2,000 unit, 2,000 car student housing development
• In 2008, received the Georgia State University J. Mack Robinson College of Business Alumni Award for service
• Personally completed over 1,500 requirements throughout Metro Atlanta, in excess of 15 million square feet of space either leased or sold. Richard Bowers & Co. has served more than 10,000 real estate requirements in excess of 78 million square feet since our inception.
• Corporate sponsor for the Atlanta Senior Invitational National Senior Tournament since inception in 1990
• Tennis Sponsor and Enthusiast: 2002, Ranked 18th Nationally, Men’s 55 Singles
• Major West Point contributor, General Hap Arnold donor
• Member of the United Way’s Alexis de Tocqueville Society of Metropolitan Atlanta since 1996. Richard is also a member of the United Way Ivan Allen Society since 2005
• Serves on Board of Director for the Georgia Tennis Foundation, Inc., and is Chairman Emeritus of TCN Worldwide. He previously served on the Board of Directors for the Georgia State University Foundation & the Board of Directors for the Atlanta Commercial Board of Realtors. Richard currently serves on the J. Mack Robinson College of Business Board of Advisors and also serves on the Board of the Georgia chapter of the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors.